Sunday, May 20, 2007

200704 - Month-end Review (Paper)

Since I switched back to Paper Trading, the results are somewhat promising in my opinion.

Total Trades: 21
Winning Trades: 13 (~62%)
Losing Trades: 8 (~38%)
Profit/Loss: $221.27
Commissions: ($419.58)
Total Profit/Loss: ($198.31)
% Profit/Loss: -0.50%

One thing that I want to note is that all individual trades are based on a $5000.00 purchase, regardless of the price of the stock. My primary objective for April, is to monitor the accuracy of my observation on Entry and Exit points. That's why I kept the separate entry to track the commissions, which I believe it can help me to gauge the effect if I want to evaluate other online brokers' commission structure.

What I want to focus on, is the number of Winning Trades vs Losing Trades. In this case, a 62% win is encouraging to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment