Wednesday, January 30, 2008

013008 - JBHT - 10mins - Loss*Paper

Symbol: JBHT
Type: Short
Result: Lost -1R

  • First, congratulations to myself for making the first trade of 2008!
  • Sadly, my first trade of the year turns out to be losing trade!
  • I picked up JBHT from the Briefing gapper list found on Wall St. Warrior's Blog (daily).
  • I wasn't really paying attention to JBHT in the beginning because of the first 2 weak bars, with the first bar left behind an upper shadow
  • At approximately 10:45, JBHT painted 2 consecutive Inside+Hammer+NR7-bar-combo.
  • That's when I thought it might worth a try!
  • My Target was the Opening High, and my Stop was set to the low of the first of the two combo bars
  • I entered long when prices cleared 2 ticks above the 2nd combo bar
  • 2 bars later, I was stopped out.
  • This is the only trade that I made today. Sadly, my first trading day of the year was cut short. Too short, in my opinion! I was hoping that it would at least go sideway for a while, to give me some false hope (and to get me excited.) A 1R lost for a few minutes of excitment (before it turns south) is too costly!
  • What do you think of this trade? How would you have handled this trade differently? Feel free to leave me a comment to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment