Thursday, June 14, 2007

061407 - ADSK - 15mins - Gain*Paper

Symbol: ADSK
Type: Short
Entry: The 7th bar
Exit: #1 @ the 10th Bar
#2 @ the 14th Bar
Result: Gained +1.99%

  • The 5th bar painted a Hammer
  • Don't know why, but I didn't feel comfortable entering Short during the 6th (I think I have lost some confident)
  • I entered Short at the beginning of the 7th
  • My Protective Stop is set to just above the 5th bar high
  • As prices fell beyond the Opening Low, I adjusted the Stop to the Opening Low
  • I drew the Blue Line to remind myself of a potential support from Mid-January's high
  • I exited half of my position at the Blue Line
  • As prices fell right past my Blue Line, and I re-adjusted my Stop to the Blue Line
  • I later re-adjusted my Stop to the 138% Fibonacci Level as the prices fell past it
  • I exited the remaining half during the 14th bar when I felt that the prices were heading for a reversal. (see 10 minute chart below)

4 comments:

  1. I agress with Jamie. Your thought process and decision making is improving by leaps and bounds. Keep it up (and teach it to me...lol).

    ADD Trader

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry........"agree".

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie and ADD,

    Thanks for your kind words. I don't think I'm that good yet. I still have a lot to learn from you guys.

    Just promise me that some day if you decided to stop blogging your trades, at least keep your blog up so that I can continue my learning!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete