Friday, June 15, 2007

Frappr

A few days ago, my friend showed me this site called Frappr. I checked it out and it turns out to be a web site that utilize Google Map's API to develop a "Facebook on a map" kind-of-site.

Basically, once you have created the account, you will get to create your own map(s). Each map will get its own URL, and the idea is that this 'map-page', technically, can serve as your 'home-page', similar to your own Facebook page, or Myspace page. Better yet, you can embed this map onto any html web page that you have. In this case, I put it on this blog.

The site is still in Beta, and there is noticeably a few bugs here and there. And their Graphical User Interface (GUI) is not the friendliest either! Anyway, I kind of like the idea and decided to give it a try.

The map below is the one map that I created. It is called

"Where are the Wall St. Traders around the world?"

The idea is that I hope all the visitors to my Blog will take a few seconds to tell me, and other readers, where do you do your trading from. **** The one good thing that I like about Frappr is that Visitors who want to participate DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP for another new account!

Anyway, you just give a name, your location, and upload a picture if you want to. Since I'm supposed to be in the closet, I selected Maldives to be 'my location.' (Yes, I've been there once and I loved it!)

In addition to the larger map that I embedded in this post, there is a small map embedded on the sidebar of this blog for easy reference in the future.

Well, try it out if you have time. If you have even more time, drop me a note and tell me what you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment