Saturday, July 7, 2007

070607 - IBKR - 10mins - Loss*Paper



Symbol: IBKR
Type: Short
Entry: During the 11:50 bar
Exit: During the 12:10 bar
Result: Lost -0.52%
  • (IBKR) gapped-down at the open and retraced back to the 50% Fib. Level
  • Prices consolidated a bit towards the lowering 5eMA
  • I drew yellow-line to indicate a potentail base, and I set my entry to 2 cents under the base
  • But my dilemma with this approach was that the 5eMA, during the eventual entry, was still rather far away
  • Therefore I wasn't really sure if I'm doing the right thing here
  • As you can see, the prices did rise back towards to the 5eMA at noon, and the next bar (12:10) took out my Protective Cover, before the prices fell (just slightly) further
  • Anyway, my target was the opening low, which as you can see here, it was not even close
  • Either way, I would not have made much from this trade
**What interesting was that, as soon as I entered the trade, I had to step away from my desk. It was another 20 minutes or so later that I returned, and I was trying figure out if the 12:10 bar hit my Protective Cover. The line that I drew on Quote Tracker told me that the 12:10's bar High was at $24.9499. However, when I checked the price from eTrade, the 12:10 bar High was $25.00! I checked again on MarketWatch.com and it showed $25.00 as well!

On my God! The feed that I'm receiving from QT was inaccurate!

I'm on paper right now. But once I'm on real-money, I need to re-consider what feed do I use for QT. Currently, the feed is provided by Ameritrade. I have an account with them, but with no money in the account. (Somehow they didn't close my account.) Therefore, I feel comfortable providing the User Name and Password to QT when I was first trying-out the software.

Do my readers, if you have time, see the 12:10 bar High at $25.00?

Do you have any recommendation to my QT/Ameritrade experience that I had today?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment