Thursday, July 12, 2007

071207 - RIO - 15mins - Observation


  • I've been monitoring this all day... wondering where would my entry be?
  • There were Upper Shadows on 5mins, 10min, and 15mins during the 11:20 and 11:30 period
  • And there was no significant spike in volume during such period
  • Where would you have entered? Feel free to leave a comment!
Update:

Dave was kind enough to take the time to leave a message. He said:
I would have entered after the 11:15 candle on the 15 minute charts. A small marubozu candle on the OR high.
Since I have no idea what a Marubozu candle is, I decided to look it up:

The marubozo's defining characteristic is the absence of upper or lower shadows. On an up day the opening price is equal to the day's low, and the closing price is equal to the day's high. This type of candle suggests strongly that there is a greater demand for the stock than there is willingness for people to sell it. The opposite is true when the marubozo appears on a down day (when the opening price is equal to the high of the day).

Ah.. now that I know!

1 comment:

  1. I would have entered after the 11:15 candle on the 15 minute charts. A small marubozu candle on the OR high.

    ReplyDelete