Wednesday, July 4, 2007

200706 - Month-end Review

After a very slow month of May (in terms of my own trading opportunities) because of those stupid weeks-long meetings at work, I hurried to get back into action during the month of June.

11 Wins & 28 Losses
I executed a total of 39 trades during the month of June. With 28 Losses, my winning percentage for the month was a mere 28.21%. Compared to my 33% win-rate in May, and a 62% win-rate in April, my performance is certainly going downhill.

Fortunately, Trader Jamie, from Wall St. Warrior, provided a lot of advices towards the last 2 weeks of the month, which had helped me to at least learn what I am doing wrong. Just look at the long Lower Shadow from the graph above!

Overall, I suffered a -1.54% lost from my bankroll, that started with $40k (Paper!) However, I feel that the amount of knowledge that I've gained in this past month is worth a whole lot more than the -1.54% Paper-loss! I absolutely look forward to another month of trading.

The Graph
Just for fun, I decided to add a few columns into my Excel Spreadsheet and turn my Profit/Loss into a Candlestick chart. I thought my 3 Readers of this blog might have a laugh about it. I tried, but couldn't find a way to incorporate a Moving Average on top of the Candlestick, in Excel. I guess Excel just doesn't provide such advance graphing feature. Unless something drastic happens, I should continue to update my chart on a monthly basis... during the Month-end Review. I hope you all like it!

Until next post, best wishes to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment