Friday, February 1, 2008

020108 - ALTR - 10mins - Gain*Paper


Symbol: ALTR
Type: Long
Result: Gained +1.85R

  • Picked up ALTR from Briefing/Jamie's Gapped-up list
  • Prices formed a Cup-and-Handle formation, with the 10:50 bar closed strongly above Opening Range High
  • The next bar (11:00) painted an Inside+NR7+Hammer(almost) combo
  • The only thing that I didn't like about that combo is that it is a red bar, instead of a blue bar
  • I decided to enter Long when prices break the high of the combo bar, with the bottom of the combo bar acted as my Protective Stop
  • Upon entry, prices immediately shot up, but pulled back
  • I didn't adjust my Stop and as long as the prices do not close under the Opening Range High, I was going to hang-in there!
  • My patience paid off! At 1pm, there was surge in volume after another Inside+NR7 combo bar
  • The prices went pass the 119% Fib. Level easily
  • It painted a Shooting Star at 2:40pm, right at the Pivot Point / Resistance Level (see second chart.)
  • I exited half of my position once the Shooting Star was completedly formed
  • I moved my Stop to just underneath the flattening 5eMA
  • My Stop was triggered 2 bars later
  • My first winning trade of the year! I'm happy! Something positive going into the weekend!

Feel free to share your trades!

Cheers and Good Trades!

No comments:

Post a Comment