Tuesday, February 5, 2008

020508 - UAUA - 15mins - Loss*Paper

Symbol: UAUA
Type: Short
Result: Lost -0.5R

  • Ouch, ouch, ouch! What was I thinking? Why did I chickened-out before my Protective Stop?
  • UAUA gapped down, my guess is, probably because of that stupid extra luggage fee
  • Prices retraced and filled the gap... painted an almost Shooting-star at 10:30
  • I entered Short when the prices break the low of the Shooting Star, during the 11am bar, with my target set to the Opening Range Low
  • The 11:15 bar looked promising in the beginning, but formed a strong hammer, and closed above the 5ema
  • I didn't know what/how to analyze the hammer... and the next thing I saw was a doji, which supposed to mean uncertainty
  • Well, the only uncertainty was in my own mind!
  • I thought I better cut my loss and exited my entire position during the 11:45 bar
  • Well, my target was reached towards the end of the trading day
  • Although I might have exited my entire position during that strong pull-backi during the 13:45 bar
  • But still, at that point, I would still ended up with a gain, rather than a -0.5R loss
  • I hope my readers had some better trades! Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment