Friday, August 3, 2007

080307 - NTAP - 5mins - Gain*Paper




  • NTAP gapped down and quickly consolidated near the 80% Fib. Level
  • The 4th bar in the 15mins chart (first chart) crossed the Opening Range Low, but the 5eMA looked too far away
  • I then turned to the 5mins chart (second chart) and noticed that the consolidation range at the 80% Fib. Level were narrowing, with decreasing volume, and NR7 bars
  • It then followed by an High-Volume bar that breached the Opening Range Low (the 10:20pm bar)
  • Therefore I decided to take a chance
  • My Protective Stop was set to the high of my Entry Bar
  • While my initial target was the 119% Fib that was drew from yesterday's high to today's Opening Range Low, on the 15mins chart
  • After entering the trade, I also plotted another Fib on the 5mins chart from Day High (1st bar) to Day Low (3rd bar, at that time)
  • After seeing the Fib on the 5mins chart, I decided to adjust my primary target to the 161% Fib. on the 5mins, and the secondary target would be the 119% on the 15mins chart
  • I continued to adjust my Stop as the prices went down
  • I was 100% Stopped out durig the 11:25 bar
  • And the prices eventually reached my secondary target
  • A gain of close ot 5Rs
Not too bad! Now to all traders out there, I hope you will have a wonderful weekend!
atest

No comments:

Post a Comment