Friday, August 24, 2007

082407 - QCOM - 10mins - Loss*Paper


Symbol: QCOM
Type: Long
Result: Lost -1R

  • QCOM came from Jamie's watchlist from his Pre-Market post here.
  • I've read a lot about Jamie's Pivot Point trades, and I decided to give it try today
  • I plotted what "I believe" to be Pivot Points (see chart below) at $38.00 (hey, round number too!)
  • As the prices closed in to $38.00, my finger was at the finger, ready to fire!
  • The chart above is what the chart looks like during entry
  • The yellow line (top chart) is the Pivot Point
  • When the prices crossed the Pivot Point, it gapped up
  • That's why my entry was a bit further away from the Pivot Point
  • Unfortunately, I was stopped out during the next bar. (It would have been the same bar if my stop was tighter!)
  • I spotted another potential entry at around 12:30, when it painted consecutive Hammers/Twizzer Bottom?
  • But it also seemed to me that there a long Upper Shadow, Shooting Star like, bar right in front of it. That's why I didn't enter.
  • And of course, the ones that you didn't enter, it always get to the 138% Fib!
  • Thanks for reading my blog!
  • Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment