Tuesday, August 14, 2007

081407 - MAT - 10mins - Gain*Paper


Symbol: MAT
Type: Short
Result: Gained +3.14R

  • First of all, I almost entered Long during the 12:50 candle, when the prices broke the Day-high.
  • But I decided to wait for the completion of the candle, as a confirmation, but it failed to close above Day-High
  • I stayed tune to MAT see which way it was going to go
  • It painted consecutive NR7's and Inside Bar (does zero price movement even considered as NR, or IB?), setting up a Base.
  • Then at 13:50, it fell below the Base
  • My Protective Stop was set to the high of the 1pm bar
  • As the prices fell, I adjusted my Stop to follow the previous bar High
  • My initial target was the next Fib. Level. But looking at the Historical chart, it appears that there's a potential Pivot point around the $22.76 level (see yellow line)
  • Therefore, I adjusted my primary Cover point to $22.76, which it did get there
  • I was Stopped-out during the next bar
  • A 3R+ gains... I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment