Wednesday, August 22, 2007

082207 - PBR - 10mins - Loss*Paper



Symbol: PBR
Type: Long
Result: Lost -1R

  • A Hammer was painted during the 10:30 bar
  • With the 5eMA relatively nearby, I decided to enter Long when the prices on the next bar breaks the high of the Hammer
  • My initial target is the Day High, while the Protective Stop was set to just underneath the Hammer
  • Don't know what happened, but during the 11:00 bar, almost all the stocks on my screen began to drop
  • The Dow actually dropped 30 points during that period too!
  • And during this time, my Stop was triggered
  • I thought about re-entering right after the 11am bar completed
  • But that Upper Shadow formed at the 10:45 candle (see chart below) turned me away
  • More importantly, I have tons of meetings today so I won't be able to pay much attention to it
  • Below is the full-day chart for review

No comments:

Post a Comment